lunes, 13 de enero de 2020

I Drink Therefore I Am

Roger Scruton (1944-2020), I Drink Therefore I Am: A Philosopher's Guide to Wine:

The right way to live is by enjoying one's faculties, striving to like and if possible to love one's fellows, and also to accept that death is both necessary in itself and a blessed relief to those whom you would otherwise burden. The health fanatics who have poisoned all our natural enjoyments ought, in my view, to be rounded up and locked together in a place where they can bore each other rigid with their futile nostrums for eternal life. The rest of us should live out our days in a chain of linked symposia, in which the catalyst is wine, the means conversation, the goal a serene acceptance of our lot and a determination not to outstay our welcome.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Darrere el vent