- "Faith is the state of being ultimately concerned".
- "Man, like every living being, is concerned about many things, above all about those which condition his very existence...If [a situation or concern] claims ultimacy it demands the total surrender of him who accepts this claim...it demands that all other concerns...be sacrificed."
- "Faith as ultimate concern is an act of the total personality. It is the most centered act of the human mind...it participates in the dynamics of personal life."
1. De esa última instancia a la que entregamos nuestra fe pende nuestro mundo al completo.
2. El mundo es un producto de nuestra fe.
3. El mundo es el don de la fe.
4. La fe siempre nos precede.